Jewelry is one of the best personal adornments that is becoming the most demanding part of our daily wardrobe. India is the source of one of the most incredible storehouses of jewelry. Most women in India possess at least a small amount of jewelry. Some people love collecting jewelry to save for future uses, and some keep it as their hobby.
- Antique Jewellery: Any jewelry over 100 years old is considered antique jewelry. Since this antique jewelry is rare nowadays, it is costly as well.
- Vintage Jewellery: According to many people, any jewelry between 50 to 100 years old is known as Vintage jewelry.
- Temple Jewellery: Temple jewelry means that it invokes a sense of a divine presence in your life every time you wear the piece. In their basic form, the elements seek inspiration from deities, temple tops, and angelic figurines. Jewelers commonly use motifs such as Goddess Lakshmi and many other female deities. In addition, temple jewelry also includes elements such as leaves, trees, coins, bells, etc.
- Bead Jewellery: This type of jewelry consists of colored, small, and round pieces of beads. These beads can be made of wood, pearl, plastic, and glass. The beads will have a hole in the center so the jewelers can put the string through it.
- Bridal Jewellery: This type of jewelry combines cultural and spiritual essence. It is a collection of different kinds of jewelry like- maang-tikka, earrings, nose rings, glittering bangles, armlets, Kamar bandh, and Payal that usually, a bride wears on the day of her wedding.
- Fashion Jewellery: This jewelry is mainly made from base metals, such as brass, copper, or aluminum. It is also called costume jewelry.
- Filigree Jewellery: Filigree rings are made of entangling designs by silver or golden wiring. These metalworks are used in jewelry.
- Handmade Jewellery: Here, different parts of the jewelry are assembled and formed by the artists manually to give the proper shape of jewelry.
- Kundan Jewellery: Kundan is made from the purest form of gold. The setting which encases the stones in the jewelry is called Kundan.
Now, let us discuss different types of beads for jewelry making.
- Gemstone beads: Used precious and semi-precious beads.
- Metal beads: Used sterling silver, gold, and plated beads.
- Half-drilled beads: These beads are drilled to the centre point.
- Thoroughly drilled beads: These beads are drilled fully to the centre point.
- Rice-shaped beads: These beads are smaller in size.
- Rounded beads: These beads are rounded in shape.
- Coin beads: These beads are shaped like a small coin.
- Heishi beads: These beads are small disc or tube-shaped.
- Tube beads: The beads are shaped like a tube.
- Chip beads: the beads are irregular in shape.
The different types of chain jewelry are –
- Ball chain – All the links are shaped like a ball.
- Box chain– Made up of corresponding square links.
- Cable chains– These are crafted using a series of interlocked round or oval links.
- Cord chain– The chain looks similar to a chord.
- Link chain – Comes with a pattern of alternating round or oval metal links connected by flat, wide strips.
- Rope chain– Its twisting design creates a lustrous effect when light reflects off the varied surface of the mixing metal, such as yellow gold and silver.
These are some of the common types of chains in jewelry.
What type of jewelry won’t tarnish?
Few metals like silver, copper, and nickel mixed with gold often tarnish when exposed to air, sweat, makeup, and other chemicals.
The types of jewelry that do not tarnish are –
- Gold: Gold, in its pure form (above 18 k ), is unreactive; thus, it will not tarnish.
- Platinum: Usually, platinum does not tarnish if we can keep it with proper care.
- Rose gold: Rose gold is an alloy. It contains copper. Since gold is inert, rose gold won’t tarnish.
- Titanium: Titanium is one of the metals that remains shiny even if it is exposed to air and moisture for a prolonged time.
- Palladium: Palladium is a highly inert, scratch-resistant metal that won’t tarnish.
I hope this article will help you choose the best type of jewelry that will enhance your confidence and personality.